Jesus Ruins Everything: Woman at the Well
In the Bible, we read story after story of people who, after having an encounter with Jesus, had their view on things like money, religion, and self-image change. Jesus showed them a different way than the one they knew, and once they saw it, they couldn’t unsee it. You could say that Jesus ruins everything, in the best possible way.
Here are some questions to help you process this message and apply it to your life:
1. Describe how your life was ruined (in a good way) when you had your first child or when you first met someone special (fiance, spouse, bff).
2. Read John 4:1-7. We learn that God is constantly seeking us out. God sought this woman out. Describe a time you have felt sought out by God.
3. In verse 28 we read how the woman left her water jar beside the well and how that represents her leaving the things that weigh her down behind. Do you agree or disagree with that idea?
4. Read John 4:28-30 Has there been a time in your life where you felt compelled to share your story for the benefit of others? Or to speak up about something good you have found even when people know your past? What were the circumstances and the outcome of that?
5. What else stood out to you in this story?