Say What? Eyes Wide Open
Here are some questions to help you process this message and apply it to your life:
1. When it comes to getting into the water, are you a ‘walker’ or a ‘jumper’?
2. Divorce is something that has impacted most if not all of us. How old were you when you first remember someone getting divorced? How did it impact you?
3. “It has been said, ‘Anyone who divorces his wife must give her a certificate of divorce. But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery. (Matthew 5:31-32 NIV)
How have you understood those words of Jesus? In what way did your understanding of them change?
4. What else stood out to you from this message?
5. What is some helpful, practical advice that you could pass on to a young couple who are planning on getting married or have recently been married that you’ve learned in your marriage or from someone else who is married?
Take time this week to pray for your own marriage (if applicable) and the marriages of those people you know especially those who have just been married.