this Christmas, if it seems like hope, peace, joy, or love are sometimes missing,
this is what we do:
we bring it.
- Hey TMP, so far you’ve sponsored 14 new Compassion kids and given numerous one-time gifts of chickens, goats, wells, etc. Way to bring some hope to kids and their families!
- I gave my nail tech a little angel ornament for her tree and a Christmas card with an explanation of the Christmas story.
- We have invited 3 neighbours who will be alone at Christmas to have dinner with us on Christmas day.
- We sponsored 2 Compassion children.
- Took some supplies down to the emergency tent that was set up for the unhoused after SEIA closed.
- Gave a box of chocolates to an unknown couple who landscape a local church. We appreciate all they do.
- Performed a comedy skit for my friends (75 of them!)
- Spoke to a homeless man who’s only been on the streets for 4 days. He said he’s clean & I mentioned God to him. He said at the age of 50 he’s realized he needs “spirituality” in his life. (I offered him a tarp I had but he said he already had one.)
- Brought peace to my home by recognizing God’s presence there and trying to share him wherever I go.
- Had a tough but necessary conversation with a co-worker.